Super Fruit Ancient Grain & Organic Chocolate Biscotti
- 1 2/3 cups Arrowhead Mills® Organic Unbleached White Flour
- 1tsp Hain® Featherweight Baking Powder
- 1 cup Hain® Organic turbinado Sugar
- Pinch of Hain® Sea Salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 large organic egg yolk
- 2 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp organic cardamom powder
- 1 tsp orange peel
- 4oz SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Semi-Sweet Baking Bar, broken into small pieces
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger, roughly chopped
- ½ cup organic pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup organic dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup organic dried wild blueberries
- ¼ cup organic sunflower seeds
Made with delicious dried cranberries and blueberries, organic pistachios and sunflower seeds, and SunSpire’s premium Organic Fair Trade Chocolate, these light and crunchy biscotti are as nutritious as they are tasty.
Toast all nuts and seeds and cool before using. Preheat oven to 350 °F, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla and set aside. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and combine gently using a wooden spoon. Using your hands, add in ginger, nuts and dried fruit combining just until all is incorporated. With floured hands, lift half the dough onto one side of prepared sheet pan, and pat into two chubby 12-13 inch long logs, spaced at least 3 inches apart.
Place pan on center of oven rack and bake for 35 minutes. Remove logs from oven, and transfer them onto a rack or another cookie sheet to cool. Let cool for 10 minutes -- no longer or they will become too hard to slice. Lower oven temperature to 300˚F. Cut logs into thin slices, lay cookies on their sides, and bake again, this time for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing.
Yield: 2 dozen + biscotti.