Marble Pound Cake with White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups Arrowhead Mills® Organic Unbleached White Flour
- 2 tsp Hain® featherweight baking powder
- ½ tsp Hain® sea salt
- 1 cup Hain® organic turbinado sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup buttermilk, room temp
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Dutch process cocoa powder
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoon boiling water
- ¾ Cup Hain® confectioners sugar, sifted, add more if needed
- 2 tablespoon of heavy cream
- ¼ cup SunSpire™ white chocolate chips, melted and cooled
Preheat oven 350 ˚F. Generously butter 9x5-inch loaf pan; and set aside.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the cocoa and the boiling water until well combined and smooth, set aside.
Beat butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, until light and fluffy; add the eggs, beating in one at a time, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla, alternate the flour and buttermilk in batches do not over mix. Set aside one third of the batter.
Add the cocoa mixture to the reserved batter; spoon the batters into the prepared pan, alternating with vanilla and chocolate batters. To create the marbling effect, run a knife through the batters in a swirling motion.
Bake in center of the oven, rotating 20 mins into bake time and bake a total of 40-50 mins or until tester comes out clean.
Let cake cool in pan for 10 mins and then turn out on to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together confectioner’s sugar and cream, incorporate the melted white chocolate and whisk until smooth, if mixture is to thin add more confectioner’s sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
Drizzle glaze over top of pound cake zig zag back and forth from one end to the other and leave glaze to set up.
Yields: 1 9x5 inch loaf.