- 1 2/3 cups Arrowhead Mills® Organic Unbleached White Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp rum
- 1 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Hain® Organic turbinado Sugar
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- ½ cup SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Semi-Sweet Baking Bar, broken into small pieces
- ½ cup SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 100% Cacao Unsweetened Baking Bar, broken into small pieces
- ½ cup roughly chopped organic macadamia nuts
Toast all nuts and cool before using.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, rum, vanilla, sugar and espresso powder.
In a large bowl, mix the egg mixture and the flour mixture together with a wooden spoon.
Using your hands, add the chocolate and nuts, gently combining until they are just incorporated.
With floured hands, lift half the dough onto one side of prepared sheet pan, and pat into two chubby 12-13 inch long logs.
Place logs three inches apart on parchment–lined cookie sheets and bake them on the center rack of a 350° F oven for 35 minutes.
Remove logs from oven, and transfer them to a rack or another baking sheet to cool 10 min (no more than 10 min as they will turn too hard to slice).
Lower oven temperature to 300° F.
Cut logs into thin slices, lay them on their sides and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing.