Jamaican Coffee Brownies with Pecans
- Spectrum® Non-Stick Vegetable Spray
- 2 cups Hain® Turbinado Sugar
- 2 sticks, plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ cup SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican blue mountain coffee, finely ground
- ½ tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour, sifted
- ¾ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp freshly brewed blue mountain coffee
- 1 cup SunSpire™ Chocolate Baking Chips, either bittersweet or semi-sweet
- ½ cup crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
These deep chocolate brownies unite the bold flavor of Jamaican coffee with the satisfying crunch of toasted pecans for a rich and delightful treat that’s just right for your afternoon coffee break. Yield: 15 brownies.
Combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground coffee and salt in a metal bowl, place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until butter has melted. The mixture will be grainy. Remove the bowl from heat and cool slightly. Then whisk in eggs and vanilla, fold in sifted flour and pecans.
Spread batter into prepared pans and bake in the center of the oven for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Set pan aside to cool.
While brownies cool, prepare the ganache. Bring brewed coffee to a light simmer, stir in chocolate chips, and continue to stir until chips have melted and chocolate is smooth.
Let ganache stand for about one hour until thickened, and then spread evenly over brownies. Sprinkle the brownies with ginger, cut into 15 squares, and enjoy!