Glazed Chocolate Almond Butter Sandwich Cookies
- ¾ cup plus 1 tbsp Arrowhead Mills® Organic Unbleached White Flour
- ½ tsp Hain® Featherweight Baking Powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup of MaraNatha® almond or peanut butter, either creamy or crunchy
- ½ cup Hain® Organic Sugar (white)
- ½ cup Hain® Organic Light Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup less 2 tbsp quick cooking oats
Butter Cream Filling:
- 1 cup Hain® Organic Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup MaraNatha® Almond Butter or Peanut Butter, creamy
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp whipping cream
- 2 oz SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 100% Cacao Unsweetened Baking Bar
- 2 tsp Spectrum® Organic Sunflower Oil
Not your everyday cookie, this recipe combines the authentic flavor of MaraNatha Almond Butter with the creamy richness of SunSpire's premium chocolate. Whip up a batch, and create a unique and elegant confection that’s perfect with a mug of steaming cocoa or a cup of afternoon tea.
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line several baking sheets with parchment or lightly spray with Spectrum baking spray
For the cookie dough, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together, and set aside.
Cream the butter, nut butter, sugars and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add the egg on a low speed for 10 seconds and scrape down the bowl. Add the oats on a low speed, and then add the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto prepared trays, spacing them 2 inches apart. Using a fork, create a cross-hatch pattern on each cookie and press them down gently to ¼ inch thickness.
Bake cookies until lightly golden, about 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets.
Meanwhile, prepare butter cream filling. Using an electric mixer, cream together confectioner’s sugar, butter and nut butter for one minute. Add in the cream and mix until fluffy, then scrape down the bowl.
When cookies are cooled, turn half of them over and spread with rounded teaspoonfuls of the butter cream filling. Top with remaining cookies to form sandwiches.
Next, prepare the chocolate glaze by melting the chocolate and sunflower oil together in a microwave or over a pot of simmering water. Drizzle chocolate glaze over top of sandwich cookies.
These delicious treats can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Yield: 2 dozen+ cookies.