Fudgy Peanut Butter Brownie with Roasted Peanuts
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 100% Cacao Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, chopped
- 3 oz SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips
- 1½ cups Hain® Organic Sugar
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour, sifted
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup MaraNatha® Peanut Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup Hain® Organic Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1/8 tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
A "SunSpired" take on a long-time family favorite! These delicious brownies artfully combine SunSpire premium chocolate baking morsels with MaraNatha Peanut Butter and fresh roasted peanuts for the bold, authentic taste that peanut butter lovers crave.
Preheat oven to 350 ˚F. Spray a 13x9x2 inch metal pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
Place the butter in a saucepan with the chocolate and combine over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, vanilla, salt and then eggs, one at a time. Fold in the flour and nuts. Spread into prepared pan, and bake in the center of the oven for about 30 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Using an electric mixer, combine peanut butter and 1 stick of the unsalted butter, along with the powdered sugar, salt and nutmeg, followed by the heavy cream and vanilla.
Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled brownies and chill in the refrigerator until set, about 1½ hours.
Cut into 15 squares and enjoy!