Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 12 oz SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Semi-Sweet Baking Bar, broken into pieces
- 1¼ pound unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Arrowhead Mills® Organic Unbleached White Flour
- Pinch of Hain® Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Hain® feather weight baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Hain® Organic Sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 12 oz SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 42% cacao Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 8 oz of your favorite nuts (walnuts or macadamia nuts are good choices)
Chocolate lovers, this one's for you! These rich chocolate cookies are loaded with SunSpire's premium all-natural chocolate morsels along with your choice of delectable nuts, making for a delicious indulgence that will get rave reviews.
Preheat oven to 375 ˚F.
In a small pot or in the microwave, melt the semi-sweet chocolate and the butter, stirring frequently. Once melted, remove from heat, and allow to cool. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together, and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for about three minutes. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and blend well. Add the dry ingredients on a low speed until well incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the batter onto baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are set. Do not over bake! Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
Yield: 2½ dozen cookies.