Dark & White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- 3 cups SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips, divided
- ½ stick unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Hain® Organic Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Arrowhead Mills® Organic Unbleached White Flour
- ¼ cup SunSpire White Chocolate Baking Chips
- ½ cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
A sophisticated twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie, these treats call for generous portions of SunSpire’s premium dark and white chocolate baking morsels. A dash of real vanilla and a handful of chopped macadamia nuts unite to produce a sweet and crunchy taste sensation.
Preheat oven to 350 ˚F. Line four baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
In a medium, heavy-bottomed sauce pan, melt two cups of the bittersweet chocolate baking chips and the butter together over medium-low heat, stirring until chocolate is smooth. Let mixture cool.
Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together eggs and sugar until well combined. Beat in the chocolate mixture and vanilla. Fold in the flour until just incorporated. Turn mixer off and fold in the ginger, all the remaining bittersweet chocolate baking chips, the white baking chips and the nuts.
Drop cookie batter by spoonfuls onto prepared sheets, making sure to space them about 1½ inches apart. Bake until cookies puff and are slightly crackly and dry on top, about 13 minutes. Remove from oven, and leave on sheets to cool completely. Then, indulge