Classic American Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter Cream Topping
- 6 oz unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups Hain® Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 scant cup Arrowhead Mills® Organic Unbleached White Flour
- ¼ cup SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Hain® Sea Salt
- 4 oz walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 3 oz SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 100% Cacao Unsweetened Baking Bar, chopped
Peanut Butter Cream Topping:
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp MaraNatha® Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Hain® Organic Powdered Sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
Some might call these "over the top," but we call them perfect! Loaded with SunSpire premium chocolate, these rich, fudgy brownies are topped with a luscious frosting made from creamy MaraNatha Peanut Butter. Get the milk! Yield: 12 squares.
Place all peanut butter cream topping ingredients in a food processor and blend for 60 seconds or until smooth.
Preheat oven to at 325°F and prepare a 9-inch square pan, by greasing and lining with parchment paper.
Melt butter and let cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs gently with the sugar until blended and smooth. Use a wooden spoon and be careful not to over mix. Stir in the cooled butter and the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt, and then add to the wet mixture. When the mixtures are blended, fold in the nuts and chocolate.
Pour batter in a prepared pan and smooth the surface.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. When tested, the center should be firm, but be careful not to over bake or you will loose that wonderful fudgy texture.
To retain moistness cool brownies completely on a damp cloth, and then place them back into pan.
Top with peanut butter cream topping, cut into squares and dig in!