Chocolate Drizzled Macaroons
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup of Hain® Organic turbinado sugar
- 1/8 tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 3 large eggs
- 24 oz sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 oz SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Semi-Sweet Baking Bar, broken into small pieces
Coconut and SunSpire™ chocolate make the perfect pair in these delicious cookies that boast a dense, chewy texture and a sweet, nutty flavor that’s hard to resist!
Preheat oven to 325 ˚F, and line three large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl or an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add the orange zest, and then incorporate the eggs one at a time. Turn off mixer, and fold in the coconut.
Drop generous tablespoons of batter onto the prepared cookie sheets, spacing them at least 1½ inches apart.
Bake macaroons one sheet at a time for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on the sheets.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in microwave and drizzle over cooled cookies. Let chocolate set for about 20 minutes.
Yield: 45 macaroons.